Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 8, 2010

Pearl Heart Dangle Beaded Earrings

Every year on Valentine's Day, February 14th, thousands of couples walk down the aisle to say, "I Do". Some couples plan their special wedding day a year in advance, others simply decide to get married just days before Valentine's Day. Whether you get married on the sweetest day of the year or not, the universal symbol of love is the heart and pearls have always been a timeless accessory for brides to wear. Pearls are smooth, lustrous, highly regarded for their beauty and are a symbol of femininity. What bride doesn't feel like royalty or a princess in pearls?

Marry together the symbol of love (the heart) with the symbol of feminine beauty (the pearl) and you have a look that is classic, timeless and will never go out of style. For example, have you ever seen wedding photos from the 80's? We all have. Those mile high poof-shoulder dresses, hair permed and/or teased to the sky with cans of hairspray holding it in place. At that time, that was the style of weddings, but to look at those pictures now, aside from a small chuckle or two, they are clearly outdated.

I wore pearls for my wedding and looking back at my wedding pictures, now 8 years ago, I'm so happy I choose a timeless, classic accessory. I, personally, have always thought of pearls as wishes. Seems strange, I know. But when I designed the Swarovski Pearl Heart Charm Beaded Earrings (E202), I thought they'd make the perfect accessory to either a Bride, as a Valentine Gift or even as an Anniversary Gift.

I'm also no poet, but I did dabble a little when I was in high school. While pulling together this blog post, I also pulled together this wonderful little poem that seemed quite appropriate for these pearl earrings.

If pearls were wishes,
I'd wish for you,
a heart full of love,
with love times two!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...