Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, October 23, 2009

Mary Kay's Custom Swarovski Crystal Vintage Redux

My favorite customer, Mary Kay, came to me with three different pieces of vintage jewelry that she had obtained through a family inheritance and an estate sale. She asked me to redesign the pieces to create a 3pc jewelry set. Her only requests were to update the style of the jewelry, have the necklace be adjustable, have a removable pendant and the earwires be leverbacks. Everything else she left up to me.

I quickly discovered that two of the Swarovski crystals in the design were no longer available but that did not hinder my design process. Since the original bracelet was a two-strand, it provided more than enough crystals to work with. I added more sterling silver, a few soft blue Swarovski crystals and the removable trigger clasp for the pendant on the necklace.

This custom project did pose a few challenges but after thinking about it long enough and then just sitting down at the studio table, it all came together in literally one night. I may have restrung the necklace three or more times, but the end result is a stunning 3pc Swarovski Crystal jewelry set -vintage redux!!

The original pieces -DRAB!!!
The redux with style for today's woman -FAB!!!!
With only having seen a picture so far of the set, Mary Kay's response was this:
"OMG, the set is absolutely gorgeous!!!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...