Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Beaded Necklace: Sugar Plum Fairy

Every other year or so, my husband and I will attend the local Nutcracker Ballet show. It's a beautiful ballet and perfect introduction to the surprise, excitement and beauty of the upcoming holidays. Personally, I've never professionally danced although when I was young I'd stand for hours on end at the local dance studio watching all the girls dance -wishing I could be one of them. Alas, it never happened. But to this day I still love the beauty and magic of the Nutcracker -the dancing snowflakes, the land of the sugar plum fairy, clara, the Nutcracker, well, the whole thing!

Sugar Plum Fairy Ruby Quartz Natural Ruby Pave Gemstone Beaded Necklace

When shopping recently at a bead show I came across the most beautiful natural ruby gemstones and knew I had to have them. It wasn't until I 'accidentally' set them next to my ruby quartz gemstones that the design immediately came to life. Once again, I dropped everything to work on this design and I added sterling Pave' style stardust beads that give the illusion of fairy dust floating in the midnight sky, as Clara danced.

I have tried everything I could think of to get the best picture of these stunning and beautiful gemstones, but I just couldn't wait any longer to intro the piece. I'm like a kid in a candy store...when I love a design so much I just can't wait to share it with everyone. I'll still be working on a better picture but trust me, in person, this necklace and matching earrings are beyond words -so feminine, so beautiful...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...