Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summertime Fun and Sparkling Designs

Yeah! It cooled off just enough this past weekend that I was finally able to get some pictures taken.

In partnership with the Artbeads Design Partner Blog Program, I received my beads back in May. The theme was Summertime Fun and I immediately thought of incorporating Swarovski Crystal Elements. I also decided on a Lillypilly Shell Pendant that I've had my eye on.

My Inspiration: Ocean blues, sandy beaches and natural materials. I chose Swarovski crystal shapes in bicone, cosmic rings, starfish, pearls and a lovely hammershell teardrop pendant. My first thought was to incorporate these bead materials into one or two designs and then I had a dream...yes, I literally had a dream about using these crystal beads in a particular way.

One of the other great opportunities of being a Design Partner is my ability to review products. I had not yet gotten into stock any of the "new" Swarovski Crystal Xilion cut crystals -until now. You can see from the picture at left, that the new Xilion cut showcases more facets, more color and more light. Just look at the mirrored image of each crystal bead, the crystal bead on the left (Xilion) shows more points of light than the traditional bicone crystal. Isn't it just fabulous?!

So far I have not used the Lillypilly shell pendant in a design yet, but did want to provide a review of it. I was very pleasantly surprised at how beautiful and dainty the pendant was. It will definately work perfectly in a beautiful summer design. My only criticism is that the drilled hole was not exactly centered on the pendant.

The goal of my Summertime Fun idea was to really highlight the luminosity and beauty of Swarovski Crystals by showcasing each one in its own design. To do that I pulled out some of my personal stash of beads and materials and fashioned the beginnings of a beautiful summer jewelry collection.

I also just had to get the new jewelry pieces pictured with a few of my personally collected shells, right from the beaches of Sanibel Island, Florida! When we vacationed years back, I spent just about the entire time on the beach (loved it!) and I'd walk the beach and collect shells. I even brought back some sand!

This collection also begins a fresh new start of the crystal jewelry offered by Crystal Allure Jewelry by going back to its' roots. I'm very happy with the end result because in the summer, I don't like to wear bold jewelry and I personally think by showcasing the crystals on their own, it really makes the crystal stand out.

Of course, I did run out of materials (again) and still have some of the crystal beads left. But those new designs will be forthcoming.

Disclosure: As a Design Partner of Artbeads.com, I periodically receive products, beads and/or components free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of the products...positive or negative. I have in no way been compensated by Artbeads.com for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...